Naruto New Generations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto New Generations

A Neverwinter Nights RPG Server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hey. Why aren't you here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sexy-Ninjanitor Minato

Sexy-Ninjanitor Minato

Hey. Why aren't you here? Empty
PostSubject: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:22 pm

I check periodically, hoping to do something an run an event, but.. Where is everyone? D:
Back to top Go down
CopyCat

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:25 pm

On when your not >_> Or on and you refuse to go on Neutral
Back to top Go down
AkuKitsune

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Well....the server really is in a standstill because while we may have little events here and there, the server itself lacks a direction. There's no server-wide plot, no real conflict, nothing to drive characters other than "I'M GOING TO BE A NINJA! BELIEVE IT!" >.>; So...things are kinda boring really.
Back to top Go down
CopyCat

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:15 pm

AkuKitsune wrote:
Well....the server really is in a standstill because while we may have little events here and there, the server itself lacks a direction. There's no server-wide plot, no real conflict, nothing to drive characters other than "I'M GOING TO BE A NINJA! BELIEVE IT!" >.>; So...things are kinda boring really.

Yep. Though a couple of us have said this already. Wonder when they're actually going to make a plot... Good one, and keep it going >_>;
Back to top Go down
Inamorta

Inamorta

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm losing my interest for a server that never actually... goes anywhere. I mean, I've been in a few events run by Minato lately, which is great.. but I've gotten four events from him aaaaand.... a total of three events NOT by him, since I -joined-. I really think there's something wrong with that. As I thought before, that my issue was school and such... but I'm usually on most of the day (well, not so much lately), and I almost never see a DM other than Minato. (A DM on -Client- not player.) Pretty sure this is a team either lacking in motivation, or a team that's just lazy. And yes, I know that's mean but... I'd rather get that out there, than let them continue just ignoring the server.
Back to top Go down
CopyCat

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Well all in all Ina summed it up well enough. I suggest get a better team that'll do what is supposed to be done when this team volunteered to do it. And get a small plot running, doesn't even have to be something fancy initially, plots progress as does conflicts, stories and the like. But yeeeeeah.

• Suck up whatever pride the team has, hire a better one which will do what was initially volunteered for
  • Write a flippin' plot, no need to get carried away
  • Read what we're saying cause it's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Sexy-Ninjanitor Minato

Sexy-Ninjanitor Minato

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:25 pm

I have school.. Earlier in the day, so when I got on, I was exhausted and my head was throbbing; I've been requested to run a plot, although the person to work on it with my is.. M.I.A at the moment, so I'm stuck in waiting. I'm a Trial DM, I can't run plots, not start any.
Back to top Go down
CopyCat

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Sure Trial, but from what I've seen you are on the most, showing you're the most dedicated. So I say run a plot, and if the others have a problem with it they can get their asses on and do something else, neh?
Back to top Go down
ShadowOfDwelve

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Im on now, Going to be here for a bit I think hehe
Back to top Go down
Sexy-Ninjanitor Minato

Sexy-Ninjanitor Minato

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:42 pm

*Shrug* It's out of my jurisdiction; and I'll have a word with Hidan about it.
Back to top Go down
CopyCat

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Haven't seen Hidan on anything and everything for two days, bad idea. And knowing him, he won't care >_> I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
DM Deidara

DM Deidara

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 am

Issues at home have been keeping me from dedicating more than 2 hours maximum to any one activity, and the few instances I DO have free time, the server is literally empty so I have little incentive to waste my... I don't want to call it precious? My rapidly dwindling time.

Things ARE getting better though, hopefully in about a week I will have enough time to plot, plan, prepare and perpetuate events. Sorry about the wait in the mean time, but frankly this situation is out of my hands.
Back to top Go down
FoRgE_

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:34 am

I've honestly lost interest in the server as a whole, there isn't much to do anymore and I've been playing other games.

Like everyone else said if there was a direction to look forward too something to do other than get on and socialize with people for hours with no events then I'd probably be on more. There is only so long that we all can log in spar and then sit around for an hour after before logging off again.

One DM I know is busy with school and honestly I think he should step down and just concentrate on that than try to split time between here and there.

Another is as what I was told by an Admin "a temp dm till others are found" who to my knowledge only ever sits on the server on client or player afk.

I've seen Minato do a few events.

Levantis? No clue where he went

Hidan last I spoke too was ill, and you guys have to think he is about 6(?) hours ahead of us, so when its peek time here? 5-12pm here, it’s around what... 11pm-6am there.

It isn't as much the staff as it is the IDEA is dying. We've all played on each of these servers since the days of Naruto Chronicles... or at least I have. Here is a thought for you... I came in on the last year and a half of NC so I have no clue how long it was up before that. Me, Kelly, Dale we put up the last version of the NC forums in January of 2009, that is at least 3 3/4 years roughly

There has been
NC
NV
NNB
NR
NU
NNG

In almost four years there has been 6 servers because people got butt hurt on how things were being run by the staff and were not getting their "back scratched" or the attention they wanted or "omg I'm so uber I has rinnengan and the eight gates!" fix.

This is why when NU started to fall apart with the choices made there by the staff after my departure and people started getting upset I said fuck it and posted everything I had on all the servers. It wasn’t to undermine a server or to rob people of the “credit they were due for making certain areas” it was me doing what we all should have done, said “fuck it” and moved on.

The Nwn community is dying unless you enjoy playing on a social server which seems to be where the majority of players are still playing. An anime themed server is probably going to top out at about 8-10 players now.

So as I said the issue is not the staff in particular but EVERYONE… if people wanted to play ninjas on a Naruto themed server they would be on, all the time, waiting for DMs and I’ve not seen that since the days on NC and NV.

When Hidan told me he was making a new forums for NNG I knew this server’s days were limited too because the Ethan was basically being a dick and not sharing the Admin password so that the staff could promote people to get DM Board access or in his case remove them. This is your illustrious Admin here, one who wasn’t around and refused to give power to the other DM staff… sound familiar anyone? *cough*Kelly*cough* People thought I was the dick for not liking him because of the stuff he had continued... to do over... and over again since the first time we banned him on NC.

Anyways no DM or Admin team was ever perfect, they’re not going to be. Because someone is going to piss off someone and the cycle of “NC vs. NV” will start all over again but with different letters after the “N”s…
When I saw the forums they were making I offered Hidan to make this one. Though it was rushed and I did it in about a day, I forgot a few things mainly the OOC boards like a goof… but I did it as a final debt to help out Hidan. I’ve put in a lot of time over the years and even money to make sure the ones I had a hand in prospered and that just wasn’t going to happen it seemed. If you want this server to prosper you need to sit on the server and wait for others to show up, because whining and flopping around on the floor of the forums isn’t going to make people log in. DM Staff? Ha, good luck with that one because again like I said someone is always going to piss off someone and they’re always going to be mad as the messenger even if his words were the words of another’s.

As for players? Get on and play, by now hopefully you all know how to set up NWN in windowed mode, log in and sit there. Wait for others to come on and go play around or Facebook or do something while you wait. Logging into the server and waiting for others to play with doesn’t mean you log in and stare at your nwn window for the next few hours.
Back to top Go down
Asuma

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:47 am

To be honest, is love to DM again to help the server but I haven't seen Hidan around to discuss it. Plus, I kinda might be hooking up with my friends sister(after he said he was okay with it, I don't like drama) so off and on activity will probably be a result because well I really like this woman and she'd take priority
Back to top Go down
Valtorr

Valtorr

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:08 am

N-servers basically thrived on a few names. People come and go, but mostly come when those names were playing on a server. These names arent really found here..whether you like it or not.. Tobbe, Cris, M, Seohyun, James, Evan (tsuro).. with those around servers seemed to flourish...and yes there were still problems ofcourse..but honestly it worked. So from my point of view..you either need those names or mimic the situation.. just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
LTenhet

LTenhet

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:36 pm

I already offered to DM for you guys again, and have gotten no word from it. You -need- to get DMs that do their job, which is to run plots and help people. Typically, there needs to be one DM for every 5 people that are on the server, and they need to actually DO something.
Back to top Go down
Administrator Haku

Administrator Haku

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:25 am

Nobody liked Tobbe and Cris and their cheating bullshit ways.

That said. Guild Wars 2. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Valtorr

Valtorr

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:27 am

Kazhan wrote:
Nobody liked Tobbe and Cris and their cheating bullshit ways.

That said. Guild Wars 2. Nuff said.

You misunderstand my point :p. While they did have some, unfair ..things.. One cannot deny the fact they were able to draw people to NC, NV and NV v2.
Back to top Go down
Inamorta

Inamorta

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:07 am

*Shrug* Valtorr, you KNOW that isn't the case. What drew people to NC was that events were run. What drew people to NV was that it was basically a social server. Cris and Tobi had absolutely nothing to do with it, lol.
Back to top Go down
CopyCat

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Pandas. That is all >_>.

And who cares, none of them around, don't bother bringing them up.
Back to top Go down
DM Deidara

DM Deidara

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:49 pm

So I'm talking here in my player voice, despite the blue name over there...

Cris and Tobbe drove everyone I knew -away- from the server because they played a pair of Mary Sue Uchihas who were SO DARK AND EDGY as their -entire- character focus. And because they were both admins (and hey, conveniently passing things required TWO admin votes!) no one had the guts to tell them no. If you did, like me, your powers got nerfed until you couldn't confront them anymore, even if you fought against it. If you didn't dance to their tune (which got REALLY creepy if you were a woman, at least from the stories I heard), you didn't get anything.

They didn't draw people to anything but maybe League of Legends, and it wasn't because they play good tanks.

(I don't even know if they play League of Legends.)
Back to top Go down
Valtorr

Valtorr

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm

Lets agree to disagree all :p.

Regardless, how are you lot going to save this server?
Back to top Go down
Sexy-Ninjanitor Minato

Sexy-Ninjanitor Minato

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm

We have our magical ways.
Back to top Go down
LTenhet

LTenhet

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:45 pm

DM Deidara wrote:
So I'm talking here in my player voice, despite the blue name over there...

Cris and Tobbe drove everyone I knew -away- from the server because they played a pair of Mary Sue Uchihas who were SO DARK AND EDGY as their -entire- character focus. And because they were both admins (and hey, conveniently passing things required TWO admin votes!) no one had the guts to tell them no. If you did, like me, your powers got nerfed until you couldn't confront them anymore, even if you fought against it. If you didn't dance to their tune (which got REALLY creepy if you were a woman, at least from the stories I heard), you didn't get anything.

They didn't draw people to anything but maybe League of Legends, and it wasn't because they play good tanks.

(I don't even know if they play League of Legends.)

I told them off the first couple months that Tobbe was made into an Admin on the Original Naruto server Razz And that's why I was removed from DM, banned, and no one remembered that I made a large chunk of the server. As I recall, Tobbe did nothing, went from an uber powerful Missing Nin to the ANBU Commander, and was made into the Co-Admin while doing things to people that are best left unsaid.
Back to top Go down
Administrator Haku

Administrator Haku

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Valtorr wrote:
Lets agree to disagree all :p.

No. Lets agree that you're wrong because you're very clearly in a minority.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey. Why aren't you here?   Hey. Why aren't you here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey. Why aren't you here?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto New Generations :: Out of Character Information :: General Out of Character-